Thursday 2 March 2017

Taito F3 Region Free mod

Taito F3 motherboards have plastic pegs / keys in the connectors stopping you from plugging in cartridges from different regions. Capcom did a similar thing with CPS2 motherboards, having certain regions use different connectors. Anyway these pegs are the only thing stopping you from plugging in and playing a cartridge from another region, there are no other security measures. So an hour with a soldering iron and sharp knife you've got yourself a region free motherboard.


I forgot to do a before picture but this is one of the four connectors with the two plastic pegs removed, I suspect the 6 pins on each connector aren't even used and it would be easier to remove the pins and just snap the plastic off with a pair of needle nose pliers. As I wasn't sure if this is the case as I only have a euro cart I did it this way, which I guess is considered the 'proper' way.

No comments:

Post a Comment