Sunday 2 October 2016

Legendary Wings (Aresu no Tsubasa) bootleg repair

At first I thought the colour green was missing but on closer inspection all colours were present, the background is obviously a mess though.



First thing I checked was some rams on the top board (2114s near the end of the board), shorting two data pins together made the background change colour so I was in the right area. The one closest to the edge was a different manufacturer to the other two and also improved the picture the most when having it's data pins shorted.

I removed it and fitted a socket / new 2114.




This fixed the colour / graphics issue, now on to the sound.

The sound was working but was noisy and distorted. I checked and replaced some caps these two were the worst.


10uf cap so not far off but look at that esr!

 After replacing the bad caps the sound was back to normal, repair complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment