Wednesday 3 July 2024

054573 and 054574 reproductions

I have quite a few Konami boards building up in my collection with either missing or not working 054573 / 054574 customs. So the time had come to finally make up some repros. These tiny boards are used in the video output of the following games.

Bucky 'o Hare
Cow Boys of Moo Mesa
Gaiapolis
Martial Champion
Monster Maulers
Mystic Warriors
Violent Storm
Xexex

They're basically a single layer pcb with a bunch of tiny components and printed resistors directly on the board, including ones hidden under the 74LS07, very sneaky konami. :)


 

After getting the epoxy and components off I was able to draw the schematics in photoshop.

Then create gerbers in kicad and get pcbway to make me up some prototypes.

 

I copied the originals 1:1 or as close as I could, I had to move some of the resistors from under the LS07. You can download the gerbers here along with all the infomation you need to make your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment