Wednesday 17 February 2016

Desoldering and Fujitsu TTL

I desoldered all those nasty sockets from the Hyper Olympic / Track & Field board mentioned earlier.


Which unfortunately made no difference to the operation of the board, but it needed doing. I have a feeling I have at least one bad faulty custom chip but the board is littered with Fujitsu logic so maybe not all hope is lost for saving this one.

Speaking of Fujitsu logic while I had the desoldering station fired up I decided to remove all the evil F chips from an Aliens board that just constantly resets, to see how many were bad.


Out of the 29 Fujitsu chips 'only' three of them were bad (the three on the far right). I've got a couple of TMNT boards that will get the same treatment eventually but I need a break from desoldering after this lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment