Sunday 14 February 2016

Kung Fu Master PCB Repair

I bought this non working original Irem Kung Fu Master pcb from griffo on ukvac forums. I've always liked this game since playing the NES version loads back in the day, I actually like the sounds better on the NES but obviously the graphics are a lot better in the arcade version.

This is what was displayed when hooked up.

It's Z80 based board so time to hook up the fluke.

The fluke failed to test the ROM and RAM.

So I had a look at the logic between the CPU and ROM/RAM.

Four Fujitsu 74LS367s

Fujitsu TTL is well known to fail far more than other manufacturers for what ever reason. I decided to remove all of them now as even the working ones will fail sooner rather than later. I also replaced a Fujitsu 368 next to the CPU which just leaves three more F chips on the board which I will order and replace at a later date.


Thomas is back to saving Silvia.

No comments:

Post a Comment