Friday 5 February 2016

Track & Field / Hyper Olympic Test Rom

I've had a Hyper Olympic pcb in my to do pile for years and keep putting it off as all the sockets on the main pcb need replacing and all but three of the eproms were missing. After seeing shoestrings test rom posted on klov I decided to give it a try. First I had to replace all the missing 2764 eproms and then burn and fit the test rom.

The latest version at the time of writing this is TEST 1.1 and isn't in the klov post but is on jammarcade.net here.

Picture doesn't show up too well but a screen came up with 11A NG!

Looking at the board 11A is a 2114 RAM.

Desoldered it and sure enough it was bad.

I fitted a socket and new 2114 powered it on again.

The test rom now runs with sound. NVRAM shows up as bad as the battery has been removed.

Powering on with the original rom in 5A and it still doesn't run, which wasn't really surprising since there as so many bad sockets on the main board.

I don't have the sockets or the time to finish this at the moment but I'll update when I get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment